Information about Manganese
Manganese is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How manganese works
Manganese provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects of manganese
Cholestatic jaundice, Extra pyramidal symptom, Increased magnesium level in blood, Impaired biliary secretion
Available Medicine for ManganeseNo medicine available
Expert advice for Manganese
- Ensure that you do not consume more than 11 mg daily, as this may cause severe side effects.
- Consult your doctor before giving manganese to children.
- Exercise caution if you are an anemic (iron deficient) or if you have history of liver disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are using antibiotics or antipsychotic drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to manganese or to any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Manganese
Q. Is Manganese toxic?
Manganese in higher than recommended doses can be toxic. Please consult your doctor before taking Manganese or Manganese containing supplements.