Manganese is used in the treatment of nutritional defeciencies
How it works
Manganese provides essential nutrients
Common side effects
Cholestatic jaundice, Extra pyramidal symptom, Increased magnesium level in blood, Impaired biliary secretion
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Ensure that you do not consume more than 11 mg daily, as this may cause severe side effects.
- Consult your doctor before giving manganese to children.
- Exercise caution if you are an anemic (iron deficient) or if you have history of liver disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are using antibiotics or antipsychotic drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to manganese or to any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is manganese toxic?
Manganese in higher than recommended doses can be toxic. Please consult your doctor before taking manganese or manganese containing supplements.