Information about Loratadine
Loratadine is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms.
How loratadine works
Loratadine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of loratadine
Available Medicine for Loratadine
- ₹71 to ₹98Fulford India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹152Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹44Stadmed Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55Mohrish Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹42Empiai Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹33Morepen Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35Medicowin Remedies (P) Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Organic Laboratories1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Loratadine
Do not start or continue the loratadine tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to loratadine or any of the other ingredients of loratadine tablet.
- If you have severe liver impairment.
- If you have rare hereditary problems of sugar intolerance.
Do not drive or operate machinery after taking loratadine if you feel drowsy. Do not take loratadine tablets at least 48 hours before doing skin tests.
Frequently asked questions for Loratadine
Q. Is Loratadine an anticholinergic/narcotic/antibiotic?
No, Loratadine is antihistaminic drug which may have anticholinergic properties and it is not narcotic/ antibiotic
Q. Can I take Loratadine for a cold/sinus infection/insect bites/hives/bee sting/allergic reaction, rash/congestion?
Yes, but patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take loratadine with Nyquil /Mucinex/ ibuprofen/ Singulair/ Benadryl/ amoxicillin/ diphenhydramine /Zoloft/ Zyrtec/ Dayquil?
Yes, but taking other antihistaminic medicines like diphenhydramine/Zyrtec/Benadryl /Day quil/ Zoloft / Mucinex may alter the effects of loratadine. Ibuprofen, Nyquil may alter levels of loratadine. You can take loratadine with amoxicillin. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does loratadine contain diphenhydramine or aspirin?
No, it does not contain diphenhydramine or aspirin.
Q. Is Loratadine safe?
Loratadine is safe at prescribed dose and duration for treatment of allergies as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Loratadine the same as Zyrtec?
No, Loratadine is different from Zyrtec as Zyrtec contains cetirizine. Both Loratadine and Zyrtec belong to the same category of antihistamines. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. How long can I take Loratadine for?
Patient can take Loratadine for prescribed dose and duration for treatment of allergies as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Loratadine get you high/raise blood pressure/cause dementia/drowsiness?
Loratadine causing these side effects is very rare. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects