Information about Loratadine
Loratadine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How Loratadine works
Loratadine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of Loratadine
Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Headache, Increased appetite
Available Medicine for Loratadine
AlaspanFulford India Ltd
₹75 to ₹1172 variant(s)
LormegAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LadEmpiai Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
LordilPsychotropics India Ltd
BecotabIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ClaridinMorepen Laboratories Ltd
₹19 to ₹322 variant(s)
LorzetMedicowin Remedies (P) Ltd
AlastinLeeford Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Loratadine
- Your doctor has prescribed Loratadine to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Loratadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.