Information about Lidocaine/Lignocaine
Lidocaine/Lignocaine is used for local anesthesia and Arrhythmia.
How lidocaine/lignocaine works
Lidocaine/Lignocaine is a local anesthetic. It works by blocking the transmission of pain signals from the nerves to the brain. This helps to decrease the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of lidocaine/lignocaine
Allergic reaction, Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Lidocaine/Lignocaine
- ₹26 to ₹200Indoco Remedies Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹32Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹32Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹33Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹278Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹32AstraZeneca1 variant(s)
- ₹27Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹145Sunways India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lidocaine/Lignocaine
- Lidocaine/Lignocaine is prescribed to relieve itching and pain caused by scrapes, burns, rashes, bites and eczema.
- Apply it over the affected area with a clean fingertip, three to four times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Do not apply it to broken or infected areas of skin, face, eyes or eyelids unless instructed to by your doctor.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, and nose. In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2-4 weeks of treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Lidocaine/Lignocaine
Q. What is Lidocaine/Lignocaine used for?
This medication is usually applied by a healthcare professional to the area being treated or to the medical equipment as part of a medical procedure. It helps to numb the area and reduces the discomfort associated with the insertion of medical instruments such as needles or catheters. It also helps to reduce the pain and inflammation in conditions such as heamorrhoids (piles) and anal fissures.
Q. Is Lidocaine/Lignocaine toxic?
If Lidocaine/Lignocaine is used under the supervision of a doctor or as directed by your doctor, it is generally safe to use. However, using more than what is recommended may lead to a number of serious health issues such as numbness of mouth and throat if swallowed. This can lead to difficulty swallowing and even choking.
Q. How long does it take for Lidocaine/Lignocaine to work?
Lidocaine/Lignocaine is applied at the start of a medical procedure and takes 3-5 minutes for the numbing effect to occur.
Q. Who should not be given Lidocaine/Lignocaine?
Lidocaine/Lignocaine should not be given to patients who are allergic to it, have decreased blood volume (hypovolemia), or complete heart block. If the solution also contains adrenaline, it should not be injected into a vein or used in areas such as fingers, toes, ears, nose or penis, as the blood supply to these areas may not be sufficient.
Q. Is Lidocaine/Lignocaine safe?
Lidocaine/Lignocaine is safe for usage when applied topically as instructed by a doctor. Lidocaine/Lignocaine in injectable formulation must not be self-medicated. Always follow the doctor's advice regarding its use.