Information about Glycerin
Glycerin is used in constipation.
How glycerin works
Glycerin works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects of glycerin
Available Medicine for Glycerin
- ₹74 to ₹80Meridian Enterprises Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Meridian Enterprises Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹204Agrawal Drugs Pvt. Ltd.10 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹150Bhandari Labs3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glycerin
- Avoid taking a Glycerin for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Glycerin, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Glycerin should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Glycerin contains sugars.
- Take Glycerin after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.