Information about Flavoxate
Flavoxate is used in the treatment and prevention of muscle spasms of the urinary tract. It can also be used to relieve symptoms which may occur as a result of surgery, cystoscopy or catheterization such as painful urination, excessive urination at night and the inability to control urine flow.
How Flavoxate works
Flavoxate is anti-spasmodic. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination, and relieves associated pain.
Common side effects of Flavoxate
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Flavoxate
FlavospasTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
UrinetBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
UrikindMankind Pharma Ltd
FlavateOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
UrisolStadmed Pvt Ltd
VoxateIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
UrifreeTTK Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Flavoxate
- Flavoxate helps in the treatment and prevention of muscle spasms of the urinary tract.
- It may also be used to relieve symptoms such as painful urination, excessive urination at night and the inability to control urine flow.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or carbonated drinks as they can worsen your symptoms.
- It may cause dizziness and blurring of vision. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Chewing sugarless gum and drinking plenty of water may help.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma (a disease associated with increased eye pressure).