Flavoxate is used in the treatment of overactive urinary bladder (oab)
How it works
Flavoxate works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects
Dry mouth, Constipation, Dizziness, Headache, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin
- ₹258Walter Bushnell1 variant(s)
- ₹129Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹108Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹137Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹142Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹111Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹163Stadmed Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹154TTK Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- You might get drowzy or have blurring of vision after taking this drug. Do not drive or perform activities that require alertness till you know how the medicine affects you.
- Do not start or continue flavoxate and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to flavoxate.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is flavoxate anticholinergic or narcotic or an antibiotic?
Flavoxate is an anti-spasmodic, medicines which relieve and prevent muscle spasms
Q. What is flavoxate?
Flavoxate it belongs to a group of medicines which relieve and prevent muscle spasms. Flavoxate is used to treat muscle spasms of the urinary tract which may be a result of inflammation of the bladder, prostate gland or urethra. It can also be used to relieve symptoms due to surgery, cystoscopy or catheterisation like painful urination, excessive urination at night and the inability to control urine flow. Flavoxate is an anti-spasmodic, medicines which relieve and prevent muscle spasms. It works by reducing the muscle contractions of your bladder and increasing the volume of urine that your bladder can hold. This will help reduce your symptoms of passing urine unexpectedly and frequently.