Information about Flavoxate
Flavoxate is used in the treatment and prevention of muscle spasms of the urinary tract. It can also be used to relieve symptoms which may occur as a result of surgery, cystoscopy or catheterization such as painful urination, excessive urination at night and the inability to control urine flow.
How flavoxate works
Flavoxate is anti-spasmodic. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination, and relieves associated pain.
Common side effects of flavoxate
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Flavoxate
- ₹283Walter Bushnell1 variant(s)
- ₹142Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹151Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹170Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹104Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹122Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹197Stadmed Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹169TTK Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Flavoxate
- It is better to take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma (a disease associated with increased eye pressure).
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Not recommended for infants and children below 12 years of age.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Chewing sugarless gum and drinking plenty of water may help.
Frequently asked questions for Flavoxate
Q. Is Flavoxate anticholinergic or narcotic or an antibiotic?
Flavoxate is an anti-spasmodic, medicines which relieve and prevent muscle spasms
Q. What is Flavoxate?
Flavoxate it belongs to a group of medicines which relieve and prevent muscle spasms. Flavoxate is used to treat muscle spasms of the urinary tract which may be a result of inflammation of the bladder, prostate gland or urethra. It can also be used to relieve symptoms due to surgery, cystoscopy or catheterisation like painful urination, excessive urination at night and the inability to control urine flow. Flavoxate is an anti-spasmodic, medicines which relieve and prevent muscle spasms. It works by reducing the muscle contractions of your bladder and increasing the volume of urine that your bladder can hold. This will help reduce your symptoms of passing urine unexpectedly and frequently.