Empagliflozin + Metformin
Information about Empagliflozin + Metformin
Empagliflozin + metformin uses
Empagliflozin+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How empagliflozin + metformin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Empagliflozin and Metformin. Empagliflozin works by removing excess glucose from your body through urine. Metformin works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Together, they lower blood glucose more effectively.
Common side effects of empagliflozin + metformin
Taste change, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Urinary tract infection, Yeast infections
Available Medicine for Empagliflozin + Metformin
- ₹400 to ₹420Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹350 to ₹420Boehringer Ingelheim3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Empagliflozin + Metformin
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine as it can control blood sugar better than metformin alone.
- It also reduces the risk of heart attack, heart failure or other cardiovascular events.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) along with Empagliflozin + Metformin.
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- Practice good genital hygiene to prevent yeast or urinary tract infections
- It may cause your body to lose too much fluid (dehydration) or you to urinate more often. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal. Monitor your blood sugar level regularly.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxious feeling.