Information about Clobetasol Topical
Clobetasol topical uses
Clobetasol Topical is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How clobetasol topical works
Clobetasol topical is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
Common side effects of clobetasol topical
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis
Available Medicine for Clobetasol Topical
- ₹61 to ₹89Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹174Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP4 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹80Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹131Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹93Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹202Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹132Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clobetasol Topical
- Do not use in conditions such as acne, fungal skin infections, e.g. athlete's foot, ringworm, candida skin infections, severe flushing of skin on and around your nose (rosacea), spotty red rash around your mouth (perioral dermatitis), infected skin (unless the infection is being treated with an anti-infective medicine at the same time),itchy skin around the genitals or back passage, itchy skin which is not inflamed, nappy rash, widespread plaque psoriasis (raised, red patches covered with a silvery white buildup of dead skin cells or scale).
- Caution is to be observed while applying the cream on large areas of the body for a long time like few weeks or months.
- If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your doctor.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to clobetasol propionate or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to children below 1 year of age.
Frequently asked questions for Clobetasol Topical
Q. Is Clobetasol Topical a steroid?
Clobetasol Topical is a potent topical corticosteroid used for the treatment of itching, redness, dryness, inflammation, and discomfort of various scalp and skin conditions.
Q. Is Clobetasol Topical used for treating hair loss?
Clobetasol Topical is used for the treatment of various scalp and skin conditions; however, it is not used for the treatment of hair loss. Talk to your doctor if you need treatment for hair loss.
Q. Does Clobetasol Topical cause hair loss?
Long-term use of steroids may damage your hair, causing hair loss especially when you use an airtight dressing. Always follow the advice of your doctor regarding its use and talk to your doctor in case you have hair loss while using Clobetasol Topical.
Q. Is Clobetasol Topical good for acne?
Clobetasol Topical is not be used for the treatment of acne. Talk to your doctor if you need any treatment for acne.
Q. What is Clobetasol Topical?
Clobetasol Topical belongs to a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids. It helps to reduce the redness and itchiness of certain skin problems.
Q. What is Clobetasol Topical used for?
Clobetasol Topical is used to help reduce the redness and itchiness in certain skin problems like relapsing eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, dermatitis and other skin conditions that have not responded to milder steroid creams or ointments.
Q. Is Clobetasol Topical good for athlete's foot/ ringworm?
Clobetasol Topical is not be used for conditions like athlete's foot or ringworm. Please talk to your doctor for the treatment of your condition.
Q. Is Clobetasol Topical an antifungal drug?
Clobetasol Topical is not an antifungal drug. It is a topical corticosteroid.
Q. Does Clobetasol Topical cause thinning of skin?
Thinning of skin is an uncommon side effect of Clobetasol Topical. It may also cause stretch marks. Talk to your doctor if you experience these side effects while using Clobetasol Topical.