Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Candesartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Candesartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How candesartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Candesartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Candesartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels.This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of candesartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Altered taste, Stomach pain, Diarrhoea, Weakness, Dizziness, Headache, Decreased blood pressure, Increased blood uric acid, Electrolyte imbalance, Glucose intolerance, Increased blood lipid level
Available Medicine for Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹45Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure. It decreases the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Candesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.