Benidipine + Chlorthalidone
Information about Benidipine + Chlorthalidone
Benidipine + chlorthalidone uses
Benidipine+Chlorthalidone is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How benidipine + chlorthalidone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Benidipine and chlorthalidone which lower blood pressure effectively. Benidipine is a calcium channel blocker which relaxes blood vessels and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic which removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body by increasing the amount of urine produced. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of benidipine + chlorthalidone
Glucose intolerance, Sleepiness, Ankle swelling, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Tiredness, Palpitations, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for Benidipine + Chlorthalidone
- ₹131Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹109Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹43Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130UTH Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹120Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90Vitabolik Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹90Precia Pharma2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benidipine + Chlorthalidone
- Benidipine + Chlorthalidone helps in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this medicine.