Information about Arteether
Arteether is used in the treatment of malaria. It is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe malaria (where it has affected the brain, lungs or kidneys).
How arteether works
Arteether acts by producing free radicals within the malarial parasite, which kills it.
Common side effects of arteether
Decreased appetite, Headache, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Cough
Available Medicine for Arteether
- ₹61 to ₹78Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹84Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹523Themis Medicare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹371Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹80Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹72Almet Corporation Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72McW Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹115Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹87Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹78Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Arteether
- You may be monitored with blood test once a week during 4 weeks for the presence of malarial parasites.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as arteether may cause side effects such as dizziness or nausea.
- Do not stop the medication even if you feel better as infection may not be completely cured.
- Do not take arteether if you have ECG abnormalities.