Arteether is used in the treatment of malaria
How it works
Arteether acts by producing free radicals within the malarial parasite, which kills it.
Common side effects
Pneumonia, Cough, Dizziness, Ecg changes, Fever, Headache, Injection site pain, Itching, Loss of appetite, Upper respiratory tract infection, Weakness, Nausea, Diarrhoea
- ₹56 to ₹78Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹84Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹475Themis Medicare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹389Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹73Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹72Almet Corporation Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72McW Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹115Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹78Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- You may be monitored with blood test once a week during 4 weeks for the presence of malarial parasites.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as arteether may cause side effects such as dizziness or nausea.
- Do not stop the medication even if you feel better as infection may not be completely cured.
- Do not take arteether if you have ECG abnormalities.