Information about Arteether
Arteether (also known as artemotil) is used to treat severe Falciparum malaria caused by the Plasmodium falciparum parasite.. It is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe malaria (where it has affected the brain, lungs or kidneys).
How Arteether works
Arteether is an antiparasitic medication. It works by producing harmful chemicals (free radicals) within the malarial parasite, thereby killing it.
Common side effects of Arteether
Headache, Weakness, Dizziness, Loss of appetite, Muscle pain, Joint pain
Available Medicine for Arteether
Rapither ABIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹61 to ₹782 variant(s)
E MalThemis Medicare Ltd
₹418 to ₹6313 variant(s)
MatchMankind Pharma Ltd
ArhLincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹59 to ₹3705 variant(s)
Azunate ABMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹57 to ₹792 variant(s)
EndomalAlmet Corporation Ltd
₹50 to ₹722 variant(s)
RapitherIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹49 to ₹782 variant(s)
L TherLeben Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹24 to ₹1083 variant(s)
₹45 to ₹692 variant(s)
Rezart EShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹67 to ₹1462 variant(s)
Expert advice for Arteether
- Arteether can be taken with or without food or as suggested by the doctor.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Do not take this medicine if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you notice flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, muscle pains and any changes in a heartbeat.
- You may be asked for a regular blood test once a week while taking this medicine.