Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin
Information about Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin
Ampicillin + dicloxacillin uses
Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ampicillin + dicloxacillin works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Ampicillin and Dicloxacillin. These antibiotics work by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ampicillin + dicloxacillin
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Stomach pain, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin
- ₹26 to ₹146Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹31Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹61Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹35Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Walter Bushnell1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹70Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹31Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
Frequently asked questions for Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin
Ampicillin + Dicloxacillin
Q. How long does Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin takes to work?
Usually, Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin starts working soon after using it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. Can I stop taking Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What is Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin used for?
Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin is used to treat patients with bacterial infections. It is a semi-synthetic derivative of the drug penicillin and is used to treat urinary tract and respiratory tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea and infections of the stomach or intestine.
Q. Can I take Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin if I am allergic to penicillin?
If you have had an allergic reaction to one type of penicillin, you may get allergic to ampicillin or to some cephalosporins, but not necessarily. Make sure you tell your doctor if you are allergic to penicillin.
Q. Which are the medicines which can interact with Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin?
It is usually avoided in patients who are already taking methotrexate. Methotrexate is a medicine used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and some forms of cancers. Taking these two medicines together can cause some serious side effects.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin?
Keep this medicine in the packet or container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.