Information about Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide
Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide Uses
Amitriptyline+Chlordiazepoxide is used in the treatment of depression.
How Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide works
Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide is a combination of two medicines: Amitriptyline and Chlordiazepoxide, which treats depression. Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant which increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression. Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine (BZD) which works by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide
Constipation, Difficulty in urination, Weight gain, Confusion, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Tiredness, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Uncoordinated body movements, Depression, Memory impairment
Available Medicine for Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide
₹100 to ₹1883 variant(s)
Amixide-HSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
AmixideSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹34 to ₹633 variant(s)
Aculip HShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹24 to ₹732 variant(s)
₹20 to ₹292 variant(s)
LimbivalMicro Labs Ltd
₹35 to ₹522 variant(s)
AculipShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹27 to ₹302 variant(s)
Amitone PlusIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Typlin CSterkem Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide
- Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide is prescribed for the treatment of depression.
- It can take a week or two after starting this treatment before the effect begins to build up, and 4-6 weeks before you feel the full benefit. Do not stop taking it after a week or two, feeling it is not helping.
- Do not stop taking Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide unless your doctor tells you to do so. Stopping treatment suddenly can cause problems and your doctor will probably want you to reduce your dose gradually when this becomes necessary.
- Try to keep your regular appointments with your doctor. This is so your doctor can check on your progress.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other antidepressants.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you get thoughts about harming yourself or ending your life.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide.
- If you have diabetes, you will be asked to monitor your blood glucose level regularly as Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide may affect the levels of sugar in your blood.