Tata 1mg Multivitamin and Multimineral Supplement Tablet
- Multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablet is a combination of nutritional supplement available as over-the-counter (OTC) medicine.
- It comprises essential vitamins and minerals.
- It helps restore the number of vitamins and minerals in the body and improves overall health and well-being. Multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets serve as a handy option for quickly replenishing deficient micronutrients in the body.
- Therapeutic rationale: Multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets help fill the nutritional gaps and ensure that the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of the under-consumed or deficient nutrients is met when given along with the standard care of the treatment. This advanced formula comprises essential micronutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, iron, and zinc, as key ingredients. All these micronutrients are required for the overall functioning of the body.
- Vitamin A helps maintain eyesight, healthy bones, mucus membranes, and skin.
- Vitamin B plays a vital role in maintaining good health and impacts energy levels, brain functioning, and metabolism. Also, the vitamin B complex helps fight off infections and promotes red blood cell (RBCs) growth.
- Vitamin C has a pivotal role in tissue repair, growth, and development and supports the immune system to fight infections.
- Vitamin E possesses antioxidant properties and protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- The body uses iron to make haemoglobin (oxygen-carrying protein in RBCs) and a few hormones. Copper facilitates the absorption of iron and helps the body form RBCs. It also aids in digestion, improves heart health, and helps maintain joint and bone health.
- Zinc helps build a robust immune system, and manage neurological functions, fertility, and overall energy levels.
- Selenium is an antioxidant that lowers oxidative stress, reduces inflammation, and supports immunity.
Each tablet of multivitamin and multimineral supplement contains:Vitamins
- Vitamin C: 40 mg
- Vitamin E: 10 mg
- Vitamin B5: 5 mg
- Vitamin B6: 2 mg
- Vitamin B1: 1.4 mg
- Vitamin B2: 1.3 mg
- Vitamin A: 480 mcg
- Vitamin B9 ( folic acid ): 120 mcg
- Vitamin K1: 55 mcg
- Vitamin B7 (biotin): 30 mcg
- Vitamin D2: 5 mcg
- Vitamin B12: 1 mcg
- Iron: 17 mg
- Zinc: 10 mg
- Manganese: 4 mg
- Copper: 0.21 mg
- Iodine: 150 mcg
- Selenium: 6 mcg
- Choline: 10 mg
- Chromium: 33 mcg
- These tablets help treat vitamin or mineral deficiencies caused by illness or poor nutrition
- They provide strong nerve support and promote healthy heart function
- Each tablet is packed with vitamin B, iron, and zinc which help maintain energy levels, improve brain health and support normal cognitive function
- They help improve the body’s response to infections and ensure quick recovery from illnesses
- They strengthen the immune system and help fight immune deficiency disorders
- These tablets help form red blood cells and enhance iron absorption in the body
How to take a multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablet?
- They improve overall health and well-being
Take one tablet per day or as suggested by a healthcare professional. Dosage is usually recommended depending upon the individual's physiological condition. Do not exceed the stated recommended dosage. It can be taken irrespective of the time (day or night), but prefer taking it at a fixed time each day after a meal.Quick tips for multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets:
- Pregnant or lactating women, children, or individuals with underlying medical conditions should consult their doctors before using these OTC supplements. Do not use these tablets as a substitute for a varied diet
- Do not exceed the recommended dose as it may cause side effects
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or get affected by this medicine
- Do not share the supplements without consulting a doctor, as the nutritional needs will vary from one individual to another
- Do not abruptly stop taking multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets even if you start to feel better
- Get your vitamin and mineral levels checked regularly
Possible side effects of multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets:
- If any problem occurs following the intake of multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets, call your doctor right away
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them. Some of the common side effects of this tablet may include:
What if you forget to take a tablet?
- Upset stomach
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.Storage and Safety Information:
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Protect from sunlight, heat, and humidity
- Do not keep it in a refrigerator as it is full of moisture and can reduce vitamins’ and minerals' shelf life and effectiveness
- Keep the container tightly closed. Do not use it if the seal is broken
How many vitamins and minerals do you need?
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
Recommended dietary allowance (RDA): The basic concept
A wide range of nutrients is required to lead a healthy and active life. The quantity of each nutrient (vitamins and minerals) for an individual depends upon age, body weight, physical activity, physiological state (pregnancy, lactation), etc. Therefore, the requirement for nutrients varies from individual to individual.
- Infants and children: The requirement may be equated with the amount that will maintain a satisfactory rate of growth and development.
- Adults: The nutrient requirement is the amount that will maintain body weight and prevent the depletion of the nutrients from the body, which otherwise may lead to deficiency.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets:
- In physiological conditions, like pregnancy and lactation: Adult women may need additional nutrients to meet the demand of fetal growth and their own nutrient needs. Additionally, the body's requirement for iron increases during pregnancy as the blood volume usually increases, and so does the amount of iron. Iron-containing supplements, such as multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets, help give all the essential nutrients required by pregnant women and developing babies.
- If you are not meeting your daily requirement of vitamins and minerals and are suffering from their deficiency, your overall health may get affected. This is why supplements containing vitamins and minerals are preferred, such as multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets.
Q. For how long can I take multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets?
You can take multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets for as long as your doctor has advised. However, do not take more than the recommended dose as it may lead to overdose and side effects.Q. My 15-year-old daughter is suffering from acne. Can I give her a multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablet?
Yes. These tablets comprise antioxidants, such as vitamin A, which help promote better skin by fighting free radicals. Also, it helps ward off the underlying skin inflammation, one of the causes of acne breakouts. Q: What is the best time to take multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets?
Multivitamin and multimineral supplement tablets can be taken during the day or night. There is no specific duration, but take it at a fixed time each day, preferably after a meal, as these tablets are made as per recommended dietary allowances (RDA). References
Vitamins and Minerals | NCCIH. Available from: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/vitamins-and-mineralsCBSE Academic. Material for Vocational Curriculum, 2018. Food, Nutrition & DIabetics. [Accessed 22 Feb, 2022]. (Online) Available from: https://cbseacademic.nic.in/web_material/Curriculum/Vocational/2018/Food%20Nutrition%20&%20Dietetics_XI.pdf