Many aspects of modern life such as high-stress levels, eating processed and high-sugar foods, too little sleep, and taking antibiotics can all cause microbial imbalance in our gut, leading to short-term implications such as diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, and long-term implications being a higher chance of asthma, obesity & higher susceptibility to infections. About 70% of the immunity comes from a healthy gut, which means a healthy digestive system is vital to ensure a healthy life.
Enterogermina®, India's No.1 Probiotic Brand recommended by doctors*, can positively affect your gut health and your overall health as a result. Enterogermina® is a probiotic supplement for the treatment of diarrhea and its symptoms in adults and children. It contains 2 Billion Spores of poly-antibiotic-resistant Bacillus clausii, a friendly bacterium usually present in the gut. It helps in the treatment and prevention of diarrhea caused by various infections and is equally efficient in restoring the normal microbial flora of the intestine.
Enterogermina® 2 billion is lactose-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free. Since Enterogermina® is a probiotic, it is only natural that it contains healthy bacteria that help prevent diarrhea and related symptoms and maintain healthy gut flora.
Bacillus clausii: 2 billion spores
Key benefits/uses of Enterogermina Oral Suspension:
- Is effective for the treatment of diarrhea in both children and adults.
- Is a probiotic that restores bacterial balance in the gut & intestinal health.
- Can survive exposure to the acid in the gastrointestinal tract, hence passes through the stomach undamaged.
- Contains, Bacillus Clausii, which with the beneficial properties of 4 unique strains, helps to correct dysvitaminosis (imbalance in vitamin production)
- Is clinically proven to help maintain gut health from Day 1 of use.
- Is also available in tablet form for oral consumption.
Directions for use:
Use as directed by your physician. Ideally, it is advised that adults can consume 2 to 3 mini bottles a day whereas children can take 1 to 2 mini bottles a day.
Quick tips for Enterogermina Oral Suspension:
- It is necessary to shake the mini bottle before use. To open the mini bottle, rotate the upper part, and detach it from the seal.
- Take the whole content as it is or dilute it in sweetened water, milk, tea or orange juice.
- Once open, consume the medicine within a short period to avoid contamination of the suspension.
- It must not be used if you have hypersensitivity towards the components or other closely related substances.
- If taken during antibiotic therapy, the product should be administered in the interval between one dose of antibiotic and the next.
- The possible presence of corpuscles visible in the mini bottles of Enterogermina is due to aggregates of Bacillus clausii spores. Do not worry, this does not indicate that the product has undergone any fowl changes.
- Remember that the correct and careful administration increases its therapeutic effect.
- While there are no problems associated with missing a dose, it is advisable to complete the daily dose for best results.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
Side effects of Enterogermina Oral Suspension:
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in some cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as skin rash and urticaria have been reported. Excessive doses are not known to cause any side effects but, it is better to follow the recommended doses.
Storage and safety information:
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool‚ dry and dark place.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
FAQs related to Enterogermina Oral Suspension:
Q. Can I use Enterogermina for diarrhea?
Yes, you can use Enterogermina for diarrhea. During diarrhea, the balance of the intestinal flora (healthy bacteria) gets disturbed. In order to improve and restore the gut’s health treatment is suggested. Enterogermina is very effective for the treatment of diarrhea, as it is a probiotic which not only restores but also balances the intestinal flora (healthy bacteria).
Q. When can I stop taking Enterogermina?
Do not stop taking Enterogermina until you are asked by your doctor to do so. Keep taking it for the duration advised by the doctor. You may need to complete a full course of Enterogermina to get the desired benefit. The dose is most effective when used for the right indication and for the duration advised by the doctor. Do not change the dose or stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q. Is Entererogermina a probiotic?
Yes, Enterogermina is a probiotic, which contains a bacteria called Bacillus clausii. Enterogermina is used in the prevention and management of diarrhea. It restores the intestinal bacteria balance in case of an imbalance caused by foreign elements in the intestine.
Q. Is Enterogermina effective?
Yes, Enterogermina is effective if used for the right indication and for the duration advised by the doctor. Do not change the dose or stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q. What is the age group of people in which Enterogermina is used?
People across all age groups including kids, adults, elderly people, and even infants can use it safely. However, it would be best to consult the doctor before use, especially when to be used for infants.
Q. Does Enterogermina need to be refrigerated?
There is no need to store this probiotic in the refrigerator. It is best stored at room temperature (not more than 30°C ) away from direct light and moisture. Keep it away from children.References:
- de Castro, Jo-Anne A., Mary Jean Villa-Real Guno, and Marcos O. Perez. "Bacillus clausii as adjunctive treatment for acute community-acquired diarrhea among Filipino children: a large-scale, multicenter, open-label study (CODDLE)." Tropical diseases, travel medicine and vaccines 5.1 (2019): 1-9.
- For EG Cap 2Bn
- *As per IMS MAT April'21 (Value & Volume)