It is used to boost immunity and protect you from various infections. It is an Ayurvedic supplement that is also known to help you fight against respiratory problems and improve the symptoms of cough and cold. It is also known to aid in the quick recovery of a person post an illness. It can also be used to treat indigestion and other stomach woes due to its herbal properties.
It contains giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) as an active ingredient. It is known to possess antipyretic activity which helps reduce fever and lets you recover quickly after an infection or an illness. It is also known to improve the symptoms of common cold, low immunity, general weakness and fatigue. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it is also known to provide protection against a wide range of health problems right from respiratory problems to stomach problems.
The supplement is usually safe when taken as recommended by your doctor. It can be taken by people across all age groups including children as well as old people. If your symptoms fail to show improvement or if you experience any side effects, then do inform your doctor without fail. Keep it away from the reach of children.
- Giloy(Tinospora Cordifolia): 1 g
Key benefits/uses of Dabur Giloy Ki Ghanvati:
- Used for the treatment of general weakness and common cold
- Is known to lower your risk of recurrent infections
- Boosts your immune system and prevents immune-deficiency disorders
- Improves your appetite and aids in overall growth
- Can help you to improve the symptoms during the recovery period
- Helps to fight against respiratory problems
- Aids in the treatment of stomach problems such as indigestion
Directions for use:
Take this supplement as advised by your doctor. Ideally, it is advised to take 1-2 tablets in the morning and evening.
Quick tips for Dabur Giloy Ki Ghanvati:
- Along with the tablet, it is advised to have a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always use this medicine under medical supervision.
- Do not take these supplements if you are allergic to giloy.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side effects of Dabur Giloy Ki Ghanvati:
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, if your symptoms fail to show any improvement or if you experience any symptoms post taking this supplement, then inform your doctor.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
FAQs related to Dabur Giloy Ki Ghanvati:
Q. What is Giloy Ghan Vati used for?
It is used to boost immunity and protect you from various infections. It is an Ayurvedic supplement that is known to improve your energy levels and help build strength and stamina. It is also known to aid in the quick recovery post an illness by improving your symptoms. It can also be used to manage fever and also aid in the treatment of cough and cold.
Q. Can Giloy be used to treat fever?
Giloy helps in reducing fever due to its Javarghana (antipyretic) property. As per Ayurveda, there are two factors that lead to high fever, the first is Ama and the second is any foreign particle or organism. Giloy helps reduce fever by improving digestion and absorption due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties which in turn prevents the formation of Ama. It also improves immunity to fight foreign particles or organisms due to its Rasayana property.
Q. Can Giloy (Guduchi) cure asthma and cough?
Giloy has good anti-inflammatory properties and inhibits the response of pro-inflammatory agents (molecules that promote inflammation). This reduces the inflammation of air passages in case of asthma and cough. Giloy extract also controls mucus hypersecretion due to an increase in the number of goblet cells (cells that secrete mucus) associated with asthma. Moreover, Giloy helps to balance Kapha due to its Ushna Virya property and boosts the immune system to fight foreign particles or organisms due to its Rasayana property.
Q. Can I take giloy on an empty stomach?
Yes. This ayurvedic supplement can be taken on an empty stomach in the morning to treat liver disorder, manage fever and fight stress. However, talk to your doctor to know the right time and right dose of this supplement as it might vary based on your health problem.
Q. Does Giloy help boost immunity?
Yes, Giloy being an immunomodulator helps to regulate and strengthen immunity. This happens due to the presence of certain chemical constituents like magnoflorine that activate the lymphocytes or immunity-boosting cells. These cells further help the body to build immunity by fighting against disease-causing pathogens. It also has Rasayana (rejuvenation) property which helps your body to develop the tendency to fight back against all viral or bacterial infections and maintain good internal health.
Q. Does Giloy help improve your digestion system?
Giloy contains a digestive enzyme known as amylase which helps in the digestion of starch which is the main source of carbohydrates in the human diet. The conversion of dietary starch into glucose by amylase helps promote digestion. It also helps to improve your digestion due to its Ushna (hot), Deepana (appetizer) and Pachana (digestion) properties. This helps to improve your Agni (digestive fire) and promotes digestion while enhancing your appetite.
Q. Does Giloy help fight respiratory problems?
Yes, Giloy might be beneficial in fighting respiratory diseases due to the presence of certain constituents that possess antimicrobial properties. Giloy keeps the respiratory system healthy by fighting respirator-disease-causing microbes. Giloy helps to fight respiratory problems due to its Ushna (hot) and Vata-Kapha balancing properties. This helps to melt the mucus and clear all the obstructions resulting in normal breathing.References: