Information about Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit (Box of 10 Test strips Free)
Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit includes:-
- Glucometer (1 unit)
- Test strips (10 units)
- Accu-Chek Softclix Lancing Device (1 unit)
- Lancets (10 units)
- Carry Case (1 unit)
- User Manual (1 unit)
- Quick Start Guide (1 unit)
Use: To monitor blood glucose level
Salient features of Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucometer:
- Flag test results: Differentiate glucose levels before & after meals with pre & post-meal marks
- Visual double check of results: Compare the colour of the test strip with the coloured dot on the test strip container
- Transfer data through USB: To analyse the results on the computer
- View test average: Easily provides 7, 14, 30 or 90 days test averages, pressing the button "S" gives a 7-day average, pressing it again gives 14 days and so on
- Unbeatable accuracy: Meets the accuracy requirement of the latest standards of ISO 15197:2013*
- Easy-to-read display: A large screen with a new typeface for the perfect display
- Intuitive handling: Easy to use with only two buttons and a beep tone
- Easier blood application: Contains a test strip guide to make an easy blood application
- Comfortable blood glucose testing: Has flexible in or out-of-meter dosing
- No coding required
- 500 result memories
How to use:
1) For testing blood glucose:
- Gently slide the test strip into the glucometer
- When the flashing drop symbol is displayed, apply blood drop to the centre of the green field
- Wait for few seconds, after 5 seconds, the result appears in the display
- The meter removes the test strip and turns off automatically
2) For out-of-meter dosing:
- Remove the test strip when the flashing drop symbol is displayed
- Apply blood drop to test strip and reinsert it into the meter within 20 seconds approx.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the need to monitor blood glucose (blood sugar) level in the body?
Monitoring blood glucose level is important since it gives a valuable information to the individual so that he can manage his blood glucose level on daily basis.
Q. Is this device reliable for self-monitoring of blood glucose level?
Yes, this device is reliable for self-monitoring of blood glucose level in the body. The range of internationally accepted standard error for blood sugar values estimated by glucometer is 10-15% i.e about 10mg/dl up or down from standard value.
Q. How do I check whether a glucometer is calibrated or not?
Usually, the glucose test strip comes with a unique code so the first step should be to turn the meter on and check whether the code on the test strip and that on the glucometer is same. If codes do not match it indicates that the glucometer is not calibrated.
Q. What is the general procedure for calibrating any glucometer either automatic or manually?
If the code mentioned on the test strip does not match with the code mentioned on the glucometer then it should be calibrated using the following procedure:
1) Meter with Manual Calibration:
- If the meter is used before then there will be a coding number. See the code number on the test strip label and insert the strip in the meter and enter the code number in the meter by moving the ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrow to calibrate it.
- If the glucometer is new, instead of a coding number, there will be dashes.
2) Meter with Automatic Calibration:
- Turn on the blood glucose meter by pressing the power button
- Open the meter and insert the test strip and close it
- Then the meter will now be calibrated
Q. Is there any difference between checking blood glucose using a glucometer and from a lab?
The glucometer value gives an estimate of blood sugar in capillary blood while the lab value gives an estimate of blood sugar in the venous blood. In capillary blood, the amount of glucose is less as compared to the venous blood so the difference is slightly elevated for a glucometer reading.
Q. How frequently should a diabetic patient test his blood sugar in case of other diseased conditions like any infection, fever etc?
In a diabetic patient, such problems may get complicated easily, in that case, the anti-diabetic regimen should not be discontinued. Blood glucose level should be tested more often and if serious problems like recurrent vomiting, problem in taking food orally or unstable blood glucose level (high or less than 70mg/dl) starts to occur then immediately visit a doctor.
Q. How frequently should I monitor the increased dose of drug/insulin by the doctor?
After an increased dose, the monitoring should be done more frequently to avoid facing any critical situation. Especially in case of new drug initiation or multi-drug therapy with insulin.
Q. Can I use one blood glucose test strip more than once?
It is recommended that always a new test strip should be used for the test.
Q. The battery of glucometer can be charged or need to be replaced?
The battery of the glucometer needs to be replaced.
Articles related to Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit (Box of 10 Test strips Free)VIEW ALL
One of the following licensed pharmacy from the nearest location with deliver Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit (Box of 10 Test strips Free). The details of the licensed pharmacy shall be shared once you request the drugs and the respectiv...+more