Overview of HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
What is HLA B-27, Flowcytometry?
This is a marker which is used to evaluate if you are suffering from certain auto immune disorders like ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis or anterior uveitis.
The sample type collected for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry is: Blood
Preparation for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry?
- If you have acute or chronic pain and inflammation in the spine, neck, chest, eyes or joints and the doctor is suspecting an autoimmune disorder
- If you have recurrent uveitis
- If your doctor is suspecting that you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis
What Results of HLA B-27, Flowcytometry mean?
- Positive HLA B27 test along with features of chronic pain, inflammation, changes in bones as seen on X ray usually supports a diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis or another auto immune disorder
- Negative HLA B27 test does not necessarily mean that you are not suffering from the suspected auto immune disorder since this marker is not positive in all patients
- The results of HLA B27 should always be correlated with patient’s history and radiologic findings
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das