Overview of Triple Marker with Graph
What is Triple Marker with Graph?
This test measures the levels of three important substances in the placenta namely alpha fetoprotein, human chorionic gonadotrophin and estriol. You should get this test done if you are between 15 to 20 weeks pregnant as it analyses the probability of the unborn baby to have certain genetic disorders like Down’s, Edward’s syndrome, neural tube defects and sometimes multiple pregnancies.
The sample type collected for Triple Marker with Graph is: Blood
Preparation for Triple Marker with Graph
- Please keep the hard copy of your latest pregnancy ultrasound report ready at the time of your test..
Why Get Tested for Triple Marker with Graph?
- If you are pregnant between 15 to 20 weeks to screen for chromosomal disorders like Down's syndrome, Edward syndrome, neural tube defects
What Results of Triple Marker with Graph mean?
- Positive triple marker test usually indicates that the unborn child has high risk of neural tube defects and chromosomal disorders like Down's syndrome, Patau syndrome etc. More specific tests like amniocentesis are then advised to make a definitive diagnosis
- Low alpha fetoprotein (AFP) along with low unconjugated estriol and high HCG usually indicate Down's syndrome
- Low levels of all three markers might indicate increased risk of trisomy 18 or Edward's syndrome
Sahyadri Speciality Labs is committed to provide the highest quality of Medical Laboratory services. There is a continual effort to ensure that the staff of the lab understands the Quality Policy & all the quality documentation, as well as follows the Quality manual and implements the Quality System Procedures all the time. By employing QMS, the lab strives to achieve the highest standard of service to provide the most reliable results, nearest to the true value and at most competitive rates. The lab is committed to good & ethical professional practices giving highest priority to client’s confidentiality and ensuring the reporting of the test values without any bias or influence. The lab implements the QMS so as to conform to ISO 15189:2007 and NABL 112 with the objective of Reducing reporting errors to the minimum, Minimizing customer complaints, Achieving maximum growth of the lab.