What is C4?
Complement 4 (C4) is a protein present in the blood that helps fight pathogens in the body. Among a group of nine complement proteins numbered from 1 to 9, C4 is responsible for eradicating some infections caused in the body. Complement 4 test measures the amount of complement C4 circulating in your bloodstream.
Why is C4 done?
- If you’re experiencing symptoms that indicate an autoimmune disease like extreme fatigue, muscle and joint pain,sudden unexpected weight loss, muscle weakness and muscle paralysis
- To determine deficiencies or abnormalities in complement system proteins
- To help monitor the activity and treatment of autoimmune diseases and immune complex-related diseases
- To help monitor a known acute or chronic condition that affects the complement system
Preparation for C4
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for C4
The sample type collected for Complement 4 is: Blood
About Sahyadri Speciality LaboratorySahyadri Speciality Labs is committed to provide the highest quality of Medical Laboratory services. There is a continual effort to ensure that the staff of the lab understands the Quality Policy & all the quality documentation, as well as follows the Quality manual and implements the Quality System Procedures all the time. By employing QMS, the lab strives to achieve the highest standard of service to provide the most reliable results, nearest to the true value and at most competitive rates. The lab is committed to good & ethical professional practices giving highest priority to client’s confidentiality and ensuring the reporting of the test values without any bias or influence. The lab implements the QMS so as to conform to ISO 15189:2007 and NABL 112 with the objective of Reducing reporting errors to the minimum, Minimizing customer complaints, Achieving maximum growth of the lab.
User Reviews about Complement 4