Overview of Cholesterol - Total
What is Cholesterol - Total?
This test screens your risk of developing heart disease. Get your blood cholesterol tested every five years as a part of preventive health check up. If you have any risk factors for heart disease like smoking, hypertension, family history, diabetes mellitus, then get it done more frequently. You should also get this test done, if you are on lipid lowering medicines.
Why is Cholesterol - Total done?
- As a part of lipid profile or routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- If you are taking cholesterol lowering medicines
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years
Preparation for Cholesterol - Total
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Sample Type for Cholesterol - Total
The sample type collected for Cholesterol - Total is: Blood
Interpreting Cholesterol - Total results
- Cholesterol level below 200mg/dl is considered desirable and reflects low risk of heart disease
- Level between 200-239mg/dl is borderline high and usually signifies moderate risk of heart disease
- Level greater than 240mg/dl is called high and indicates high risk of heart disease
About Sahyadri Speciality LaboratorySahyadri Speciality Labs is committed to provide the highest quality of Medical Laboratory services. There is a continual effort to ensure that the staff of the lab understands the Quality Policy & all the quality documentation, as well as follows the Quality manual and implements the Quality System Procedures all the time. By employing QMS, the lab strives to achieve the highest standard of service to provide the most reliable results, nearest to the true value and at most competitive rates. The lab is committed to good & ethical professional practices giving highest priority to client’s confidentiality and ensuring the reporting of the test values without any bias or influence. The lab implements the QMS so as to conform to ISO 15189:2007 and NABL 112 with the objective of Reducing reporting errors to the minimum, Minimizing customer complaints, Achieving maximum growth of the lab.
User Reviews about Cholesterol - Total