Overview of Carcino Embryonic Antigen
What is Carcino Embryonic Antigen?
Your doctor may order a CEA test when you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other cancers like pancreas, breast, lung, ovarian, medullary thyroid prior to starting cancer treatment and then, if elevated, at regular intervals during and after therapy to detect recurrence. Sometimes, this test is also ordered when cancer is suspected but not confirmed – to aid in its detection.
The sample type collected for Carcino Embryonic Antigen is: Blood
Preparation for Carcino Embryonic Antigen
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Carcino Embryonic Antigen?
- If you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other specific types of cancer. It shoold be measured before therapy is initiated and then or regolar basis to evaluate the success of treatment and to detect recurrence
- In cases of suspected colon cancer or lung cancer, it can be used sometimes to diagnose these conditions
What Results of Carcino Embryonic Antigen mean?
- When CEA levels are initially elevated and then decrease to normal after therapy, it means that the cancer has been successfully treated. A rising CEA level is often the first sign of tumor recurrence
- Smaller or early stage tumors are associated with normal or only slightly elevated CEA. Larger tumors have high CEA levels
Sahyadri Speciality Labs is committed to provide the highest quality of Medical Laboratory services. There is a continual effort to ensure that the staff of the lab understands the Quality Policy & all the quality documentation, as well as follows the Quality manual and implements the Quality System Procedures all the time. By employing QMS, the lab strives to achieve the highest standard of service to provide the most reliable results, nearest to the true value and at most competitive rates. The lab is committed to good & ethical professional practices giving highest priority to client’s confidentiality and ensuring the reporting of the test values without any bias or influence. The lab implements the QMS so as to conform to ISO 15189:2007 and NABL 112 with the objective of Reducing reporting errors to the minimum, Minimizing customer complaints, Achieving maximum growth of the lab.