Overview of CA125
What is CA125?
This test is used to monitor treatment for ovarian cancer or to detect recurrence; sometimes to evaluate a pelvic mass and it can also be ordered to help detect early ovarian cancer in those identified as being at high risk.
Why is CA125 done?
- If you have a pelvic mass and the doctor is suspecting ovarian cancer
- When you start treatment for ovarian cancer to monitor further therapy or detect recurrence
- Along with a transvaginal oltrasound, it may be ordered to monitor women who have a high risk for ovarian cancer but have no disease as yet
Preparation for CA125
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for CA125
The sample type collected for CA125 is: Blood
Interpreting CA125 results
- When used during ovarian cancer therapy, if the level of CA 125 falls during therapy, it generally indicates that the cancer is responding to treatment. If it rises or stays the same, the cancer may not be responding. High CA 125 after completion of treatment may indicate that the cancer has come back
- In a women with a pelvic mass and in a women with high risk of developing ovarian cancer, a significantly elevated CA 125 is a concern but does not necessarily indicate ovarian cancer and should be confirmed by other tests
About Sahyadri Speciality LaboratorySahyadri Speciality Labs is committed to provide the highest quality of Medical Laboratory services. There is a continual effort to ensure that the staff of the lab understands the Quality Policy & all the quality documentation, as well as follows the Quality manual and implements the Quality System Procedures all the time. By employing QMS, the lab strives to achieve the highest standard of service to provide the most reliable results, nearest to the true value and at most competitive rates. The lab is committed to good & ethical professional practices giving highest priority to client’s confidentiality and ensuring the reporting of the test values without any bias or influence. The lab implements the QMS so as to conform to ISO 15189:2007 and NABL 112 with the objective of Reducing reporting errors to the minimum, Minimizing customer complaints, Achieving maximum growth of the lab.
User Reviews about CA125