What is MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) ?
MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx is used to visualise the sacrum (a triangular bone at the end of the spine), coccyx (known as tailbone, located just above the anus) and the surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) done?
- To find the cause of lower back pain or coccydynia (pain in the coccyx) that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the sacrum or tailbone
- To diagnose any suspected abnormal growths (tumors like sacrococcygeal chordoma), birth defects, infections, inflammation or degenerative diseases of the sacrococcygeal junction
Preparation for MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain)
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
PRIMUS DIAGNOSTICS & RESEARCH CENTRE PVT LTD.
Marigold complex - Yerawada, PUNE
PRIMUS DIAGNOSTIC & RESEARCH CENTRE : Established in the year 2012, Primus Diagnostics & Research Centre in Yerawada, Pune is a top player in the category MRI Scan Centres in the Pune. This well-known establishment acts as a one-stop destination servicing customers both local and from other parts of Pune. Over the course of its journey, this business has established a firm foothold in it’s industry. The belief that customer satisfaction is as important as their products and services, have helped this establishment garner a vast base of customers, which continues to grow by the day. This business employs individuals that are dedicated towards their respective roles and put in a lot of effort to achieve the common vision and larger goals of the company. In the near future, this business aims to expand its line of products and services and cater to a larger client base. In Pune, this establishment occupies a prominent location in Yerawada. It is an effortless task in commuting to this establishment as there are various modes of transport readily available. It is at Nagar Road, Near Hotel Park Ornate, which makes it easy for first-time visitors in locating this establishment. The popularity of this business is evident from the 50+ reviews it has received from Justdial users. It is known to provide top service in the following categories: Pathology Labs, X Ray Centres, Sonography Centres.