ISO, NABL, NABH
Why is CECT Upper Abdomen done?
- To diagnose diseases of the upper abdominal region such as infections like appendicitis and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases like Crohn’s Disease
- To diagnose liver, kidney, bladder, pancreatic, or ovarian cancers
- To detect stones in the kidneys, urinary bladder, or gall bladder
- To detect injury to internal organs of the abdominal and pelvic region
Preparation for CECT Upper Abdomen
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Noble Hospital Pvt. Ltd.