What is Copper, Serum?
Copper test is performed to check the presence of copper in the body of the patient. Deficiency in copper in the body can lead to several conditions. However, increased copper concentration can also be indicative of some diseases. This test is useful in diagnosing those diseases as well.
The sample type collected for Copper, Serum is: Blood
Preparation for Copper, Serum
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Copper, Serum?
- To measure the amount of copper in the blood, urine, or liver tissue and to identify copper deficiency or excess
- To help diagnose and monitor Wilson disease, Menkes disease, primary biliary cirrhosis and Indian childhood cirrhosis
- To follow up when you are being treated for a copper-related condition
- To monitor copper concentrations during the third trimester of pregnancy
We are a team of dedicated doctors and health care professionals with extensive experience and commitment to provide quality diagnostic services. Offering a comprehensive range of tests, usage of latest technologies and steadfast commitment to quality procedures has established us as a benchmark for excellence and reliability.