What is Chromogranin A?
This blood test quantifies the amount of chromogranin (CgA) in the patient’s blood. The CgA is released from the neuroendocrine cells, which are found in glands. These cells can sometimes lead to a number of tumours which can be benign as well as malignant.
The sample type collected for Chromogranin A is: Blood
Preparation for Chromogranin A
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Chromogranin A?
- Chromogranin A is the first line test for diagnosing Carcinoid tumors
- For diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumors
- To assess disease progression
- To evaluate response to therapy
- To detect recurrence after surgical resection
We are a team of dedicated doctors and health care professionals with extensive experience and commitment to provide quality diagnostic services. Offering a comprehensive range of tests, usage of latest technologies and steadfast commitment to quality procedures has established us as a benchmark for excellence and reliability.