NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Insulin - Post Prandial
What is Insulin - Post Prandial?
When you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms such as sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your health practitioner wants to monitor your insulin production; sometimes when it is suspected that you have insulin resistance.
The sample type collected for Insulin - Post Prandial is: Blood
Preparation for Insulin - Post Prandial
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
Why Get Tested for Insulin - Post Prandial?
- If you have signs or symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) like sweating, hunger, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, palpitations and sometimes fainting
- In case of suspected type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, heart disease or metabolic syndrome
- To determine the start of insolin therapy if you are a diabetic
- In case of suspected insolinoma
- To detect insolin resistance
What Results of Insulin - Post Prandial mean?
- High insulin levels along with normal fasting glucose level indicate insulin resistance. Causes of high fasting insulin levels are acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, insulinomas, obesity
- Normal insulin level along with low fasting glucose level usually indicate hypoglycemia due to excess insulin
- Low insulin level with high fasting glucose level usually mean that there is not enough insulin produced by beta cells which may be seen in diabetes, pancreatitis
Patient Concerns about Insulin - Post Prandial
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Post Prandial
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Q. How often should the test be done?
Your physician might ask you to repeat this test once in a year or at the start of your diabetes treatment. It is not done on a regular basis.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness