NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Glucose Challenge Test
What is Glucose Challenge Test?
The glucose challenge test is done during pregnancy to screen for gestational diabetes i.e. diabetes that develops during pregnancy. It is usually done during 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy but it can be done earlier if the women is at high risk of developing diabetes during pregnancy due to obesity, family history of diabetes or other factors. A blood sugar level below 140 mg/dl is considered normal while a level above 140 mg/dl is considered high and usually indicates gestational diabetes. Your should ideally get a may a glucose tolerance test after a positive GCT to confirm the diagnosis.
The sample type collected for Glucose Challenge Test is: Blood
Preparation for Glucose Challenge Test
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Glucose Challenge Test?
- During 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy to screen for gestational diabetes
- It can be ordered earlier if you are at high risk of developing diabetes during pregnancy due to obesity, family history of diabetes etc
What Results of Glucose Challenge Test mean?
- A blood sugar level below 140 mg/dl is considered normal
- A blood sugar above 140 mg/dl is considered high and usually indicates gestational diabetes
- If the results of your glucose challenge test indicate the possibility of gestational diabetes, your doctor will order a glucose tolerance test to confirm the diagnosis
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.