Overview of Digoxin
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin is a medication used for congestive heart failure. Very small doses of digoxin are required for the condition. If the levels go out of the normal range, also known as the therapeutic window, you may experience severe side effects of the medication.
The sample type collected for Digoxin is: Blood
Preparation for Digoxin
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Digoxin?
- To ensure that the levels are within the therapeutic window when the medication is first started
- Periodically during treatment for routine monitoring and to verify that the correct dose is used
- To reevaluate levels if the patient is experiencing heart failure symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Irregolar heartbeat
- Diarrhea and vomiting
What Results of Digoxin mean?
Levels are different for various conditions that digoxin is used to treat.
- High levels mean excessive dosage outside the therapeutic window
- Low levels mean inadequate dosage which might cause worsening of the disorder it is being used to treat
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.