Creatinine Kinase (CPK)
Overview of Creatinine Kinase
What is Creatinine Kinase?
A CK test may be ordered whenever muscle damage is suspected and at regular intervals to monitor for continued damage. It may be ordered when you have experienced physical trauma, such as crushing injuries or extensive burns or when you have symptoms associated with muscle injury such as muscle pain or weakness. Sometimes it may be ordered when a person has chest pain and a heart attack is suspected.
The sample type collected for Creatinine Kinase is: Blood
Preparation for Creatinine Kinase
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine Kinase?
- If you have symptoms of muscle injuries like muscle pain, weakness
- If you have experienced physical trauma like extensive burns, crush injuries
- If you are taking any drugs which can damage the muscles
- If you have chest pain and heart attack is suspected
What Results of Creatinine Kinase mean?
- A high Creatinine Kinase (CK) generally indicates that their has been recent muscle damage but does not indicate it's exact cause and location. Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing or persistent elevations suggest continued damage
- Chest pain and increased CK levels indicate that it is likely that a person has recently had a heart attack
- Moderately increased levels may be seen after strenuous exercise, weight lifting
- Normal Ck levels indicate that their has been no muscle damage
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.