Overview of Creatinine Clearence Test
What is Creatinine Clearence Test?
Preparation for Creatinine Clearence Test
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine Clearence Test?
- To help in diagnosis of kidney disease and dysfunction
- To diagnose a condition upon appearance of symptoms like swelling in the face and around eyes, lower back pain in the region where kidneys are located, decreased urine production, painful urination, appearance of blood in the urine, foamy urine, etc.
- To diagnose a condition when abnormal results appear in a blood creatinine test or estimated glomerular filtration rate test
- To diagnose a condition if there is a chronic condition affecting blood flow to the kidneys like heart congestion, hypertension, etc.
What Results of Creatinine Clearence Test mean?
Low creatinine clearance indicates decreased kidney function which could be due to pathogenic infections, autoimmune diseases, kidney stones, or conditions causing decreased blood flow to kidneys like congestive heart failure, long-standing hypertension (high blood pressure) or diabetes.
Tests Included in Creatinine Clearence Test(2 tests)