NABL, CAP, ISO
What is Oxalate?
This is a urine test to see whether you have a high level of the chemical oxalate in your urine. Oxalate is a natural end product of metabolism in the body.
Why is Oxalate done?
- The Urine Oxalate test is performed to assess the risk of development of kidney stones and to find the underlying reason for formation of stones
- When a patient develops a kidney stone a second time
- When a patient formed kidney stones as a child
- When the patient has multiple stones
- When the patient has a family history of kidney stones
- When the patient is living with a single functional kidney with or without transplant
- To monitor efficacy of treatments given to reduce kidney stone formation risk
Preparation for Oxalate
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Oxalate
The sample type collected for Oxalate is: Urine