NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of Transcobalamin
What is Transcobalamin?
Vitamin B12 Binding Capacity Unsaturated (Transcobalamin), binds and transports vitamin B12 in the circulation. Increased concentrations are associated with patients with myeloproliferative disorders. Decreased concentrations are seen in individuals with Megaloblastic anemia or Transcobalamin deficiency.
Why is Transcobalamin done?
- If you have symptoms of gastro intestinal disease like difficolty gaining weight, repeated diarrhea and/or vomiting, dizziness
- If you have signs or symtoms indicative of vitamin B12 deficinecy anemia like pale skin, dizziness, oral olcers, forgetfolness, confusion, rapid heart beat, poor appetite
- If you have symptoms like tingling numbness in hands/feet, muscle twitching
- If you have symptoms of liver disease or history of alcoholism
Preparation for Transcobalamin
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Transcobalamin
The sample type collected for Transcobalamin is: Blood
Interpreting Transcobalamin results
- High levels of transcobalamine are rare and occur due to excessive nutritional supplements or injections
- Low levels of transcobalamine usually indicate megaloblastic anemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency which can be due to poor intake in diet, poor absorption from gut like Celiac disease
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.