What is DTPA Scan & GFR by sample method?
The DTPA scan is an imaging test that uses a radiotracer material called Tc99m-DTPA (diethylenetriaminepentacetate) injected into the blood which is delivered into the kidneys and eventually excreted. Special cameras sensitive to gamma radiation are used to scan the kidneys during the entire process and create images of the urinary system to assess its functioning and any disorders associated with it. These images can be used to assess the renal functioning and detect any problems associated with it.
Preparation for DTPA Scan & GFR by sample method
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for DTPA Scan & GFR by sample method?
- To evaluate the kidney function and its blood flow
- To diagnose any changes in the blood vessels like narrowing of the arteries of kidneys
- To identify any blockages or other abnormalities in the urinary tract
- To follow up the cases of kidney transplant
Mahajan Imaging Centre (RN)
Rajinder Nagar, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.