What is CT PET WHOLE BODY PLAIN?
The Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (CT PET) scan of the whole body is an imaging procedure that uses rotating beams of X-rays to create a complete and detailed three dimensional image of the entire body to detect any abnormalities in the tissues and organ functioning.
Preparation for CT PET WHOLE BODY PLAIN
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for CT PET WHOLE BODY PLAIN?
- For assessment of blood flow patterns of the whole body, especially to vital organs like heart, brain, kidneys, etc.
- To evaluate conditions of the circulatory or nervous system and other organ systems
- To assess damage to any organs or bones due to trauma
- To identify any cancers (abnormal growth)
- For assessment of the treatment efficacy and any remission after treatment
- To plan and guide treatment procedures for a variety of conditions
Mahajan Imaging Centre (RN)
Rajinder Nagar, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.