What is MRI Right Arm With Contrast?
The MRI right arm with contrast is an imaging procedure that uses magnetic fields and non ionizing radio waves to create detailed images of your arm which comprises of area from the finger to shoulder or neck. The parts covered in this test includes the shoulder joint, bone of the upper arm (humerus), elbow, bones of the forearm (radius and ulna), the wrist and the soft tissues (skin and muscles) surrounding it. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radiocontrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images of the internal body structures in the MRI scan.
Why is MRI Right Arm With Contrast done?
- To diagnose upper limb spasticity (due to nervous breakdown affecting movement of upper arm movement)
- To detect rotator cuff disorder (swelling of the tissues which connects your bones in the shoulder)
- To find out capsulitis (frozen shoulder) and carpal tunnel syndrome (loss of sensation in the arm and hand due to pinched wrist nerve)
- To evaluate tenosynovitis (swelling of area where bone connects with the muscles) of the upper limb) and arthritis of hand joints
- To trace presence of any abnormal tissue growth / cyst / tumor / cancer in the arm, forearm, shoulder and hand
Preparation for MRI Right Arm With Contrast
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.