NABL, NABH, ISO
What is MRI Sialography?
An MR Sialography scan creates picture of the salivary ducts (a pair of salivary glands, parotids, sblingual and submandibular glands) and surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Sialography
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Sialography?
- To diagnose sialothiasis (formation of calcium stones which obstructs saliva secretion)
- To detect sialadenitis (infection of the salivary gland)
- To find out autoimmune disease known as sjogren’s syndrome (WBC attacks normal salivary gland)
- To determine the changes in the size of salivary glands due to formation of the tumor/cyst/.
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic Private Limited
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.