What is Copper, Serum?
Copper test is performed to check the presence of copper in the body of the patient. Deficiency in copper in the body can lead to several conditions. However, increased copper concentration can also be indicative of some diseases. This test is useful in diagnosing those diseases as well.
Why is Copper, Serum done?
- To measure the amount of copper in the blood, urine, or liver tissue and to identify copper deficiency or excess
- To help diagnose and monitor Wilson disease, Menkes disease, primary biliary cirrhosis and Indian childhood cirrhosis
- To follow up when you are being treated for a copper-related condition
- To monitor copper concentrations during the third trimester of pregnancy
Preparation for Copper, Serum
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Copper, Serum
The sample type collected for Copper, Serum is: Blood
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.