What is NCCT Left Ankle Joint?
Non Contrast Computed Tomography (NCCT) of the ankle joint is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the ankle joint to identify problems associated with it.
Why is NCCT Left Ankle Joint done?
- To detect the fractures of the bones of the ankle joint not visible on a simple X-ray
- To detect the cause of any unexplained pain in the ankle joint
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like the muscle, the tendons and ligaments of the ankle joint
- To diagnose any suspected infection, osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
Preparation for NCCT Left Ankle Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Total Diagnostics Care
Kirti Nagar, NEW DELHI