MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen
This test is for
What is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver and spleen. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Why is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen done?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
Shree Krishna Diagnostics in Kukatpally boasts of a state-of-the-art centre, which is fully equipped with modern diagnostic equipment. From the time service-seekers walk in, they find themselves in a healthy and hygienic environment and also at the hands of a knowledgeable team, available to assist and guide with the procedures. The array of diagnostic services available under its roof are 24 Hours Open , Centralized Testing Facility , Waiting Area , Air Conditioned , Wifi Available ,...