What is MRI Screening Lumbar Spine?
An MRI lumbar spine creates picture of the lower part of the spinal column (lower back) and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Screening Lumbar Spine
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Screening Lumbar Spine?
- To diagnose severe back pain and birth defects (congenital) which affects spine
- To diagnose the cause of severe and persistent leg pain
- To evaluate the level of injury of lower spine and frequent lower back pain
- To find out the bladder problems and multiple sclerosis
- To detect the spine or brain cancer
Hauz Khas, NEW DELHI
Established as a Centre of Excellence in radiology, Sanya Diagnostics is equipped with leading-edge technology and has been offering a wide range of radiological services since 1998. Sanya group has multiple operational diagnostic centres across the country to provide diagnostic services of highest level. Our considerable experience and expertise of more than 15 years in the field of Diagnostics Services has helped to address the growing health ailments by providing accurate & timely diagnosis with the help of specialized technologies and innovative services.