What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Preparation for Holter
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for Holter?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Hauz Khas, NEW DELHI
Established as a Centre of Excellence in radiology, Sanya Diagnostics is equipped with leading-edge technology and has been offering a wide range of radiological services since 1998. Sanya group has multiple operational diagnostic centres across the country to provide diagnostic services of highest level. Our considerable experience and expertise of more than 15 years in the field of Diagnostics Services has helped to address the growing health ailments by providing accurate & timely diagnosis with the help of specialized technologies and innovative services.
Available at Other Labs