MRA (magnetic resonance angiography) of the hand is a quick imaging technique used to visualise the anatomy and functioning of the hand and wrist. The arterial blood flow pattern is analysed and the images is reproduced which depicts several abnormalities of vascular system of the hand. The whole test takes less than 5 minutes.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose any blockage in the blood flow of the arteries of the hand and wrist
- To detect common vascular diseases like stroke (brain damage due to Damage to blockage in the blood supply)
- To evaluate haemorrhage (leakage of the blood from the ruptured blood vessel)
- To monitor emboli (blockage of the blood flow in the artery)
- To find case of arthritis, infection and cancer/tumor of the hand and wrist
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.