This test is for
What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Why is CECT Chest done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Established in 2004 in New Delhi, Orbit Imaging & Pathlab Pvt. Ltd. Centre began its operations as an MRI Imaging Centre in Karol Bagh. Within a short duration, we have gained immense reputation and also have recently moved into world best pathology lab at a prominent location in Old Rajender Nagar, Karol Bagh as a contemporary diagnostic centre.\\\\r\\\\nOrbit Imaging & Pathlab Pvt Ltd. has offered the best services to patients. Over time, it has evolved and imbibed the latest upgrades in...