Myocardial Contrast Study
This test is for
What is Myocardial Contrast Study?
Myocardial contrast study is a sound waves echocardiography imaging technique which helps to visualise the blood vessels of the heart muscles. In the test, patient is injected with a radiocontrast material (optison) composed of small bubbles smaller than blood cells. These small bubbles helps to detect flow of the blood to the heart muscles blood vessel.
Why is Myocardial Contrast Study done?
- To detect coronary artery disease (CAD) where there is low blood supply to the heart muscles
- To diagnose atherosclerosis (blood clot condition in the arteries of the heart muscles)
- To monitor proper functioning and progression of the heart after heart surgery
- To measure the amount of blood flow to the heart muscles and heart beat
- To trace the plaque/fat/cholesterol presence in the coronary arteries of the heart muscles
Established in 2004 in New Delhi, Orbit Imaging & Pathlab Pvt. Ltd. Centre began its operations as an MRI Imaging Centre in Karol Bagh. Within a short duration, we have gained immense reputation and also have recently moved into world best pathology lab at a prominent location in Old Rajender Nagar, Karol Bagh as a contemporary diagnostic centre.\\r\\nOrbit Imaging & Pathlab Pvt Ltd. has offered the best services to patients. Over time, it has evolved and imbibed the latest upgrades in...