MRI Lower Abdomen (Plain)
This test is for
What is MRI Lower Abdomen (Plain)?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the lower abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the lower abdomen and the pelvis. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images.The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Why is MRI Lower Abdomen (Plain) done?
- To detect the blood flow pattern in the abdominal area for any blockage of the arteries which supplies blood to the kidney, liver and spleen
- To diagnose abdominal aortic aneurysm (aorta enlargement at the abdomen region)
- To monitor conditions of the kidney / liver after its transplantation
- To evaluate fatty liver syndrome and cirrhosis of the liver (alcoholic or non alcoholic)
- To diagnose hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidney which results in urine backflow), stone in the kidney / ureter / urinary bladder or gall stones (in the gall bladder)
- To monitor the extent of abnormal tumor growth in the intestines, liver, pancreas, ureter, adrenal gland, gall bladder and kidney
Established in 2004 in New Delhi, Orbit Imaging & Pathlab Pvt. Ltd. Centre began its operations as an MRI Imaging Centre in Karol Bagh. Within a short duration, we have gained immense reputation and also have recently moved into world best pathology lab at a prominent location in Old Rajender Nagar, Karol Bagh as a contemporary diagnostic centre.\\r\\nOrbit Imaging & Pathlab Pvt Ltd. has offered the best services to patients. Over time, it has evolved and imbibed the latest upgrades in...