Content created by
MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen
This test is for
What is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the Upper Abdomen is used to visualize the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver, and spleen.
This test is prescribed by the doctor to diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling and to detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in the liver, kidney, spleen, or other abdominal organs.
Why is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen done?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
Omega Imaging & Medical Center is a Diagnostics Center, Situated in the heart of Navi Mumbai – Vashi, having an impressive ‘Reach’, providing superior quality diagnostics services to its customers.The vision to create Omega Imaging was driven by the philosophy to provide high quality accurate tests/ outcomes of MRI, CT Scan, Pathology, Ultra Sound, Cardiac at affordable prices to the masses. Omega Imaging has high ethical standards synonymous with ‘TRUST’ and each and every constituent of...