MRI Screening of Whole Spine
This test is for
What is MRI Screening of Whole Spine?
An MRI whole spine is a safe and painless test to visualise the spinal column (back bone) and the surrounding soft tissues like muscles using small amount of radiation. The spinal column is made up of ring shaped bones, known as the vertebrae which are arranged over one another along with their intervertebral discs. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Screening of Whole Spine done?
- To find the cause of the neck pain or back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spinal bones
- To detect any suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other), degeneration of the disc or herniated disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
Omega Imaging & Medical Center is a Diagnostics Center, Situated in the heart of Navi Mumbai – Vashi, having an impressive ‘Reach’, providing superior quality diagnostics services to its customers.The vision to create Omega Imaging was driven by the philosophy to provide high quality accurate tests/ outcomes of MRI, CT Scan, Pathology, Ultra Sound, Cardiac at affordable prices to the masses. Omega Imaging has high ethical standards synonymous with ‘TRUST’ and each and every constituent of...