NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of C-Reactive Protein Qualitative
This test is usually ordered when your doctor suspects that you have an acute condition causing inflammation, such as a serious bacterial or fungal infection or when you are suffering from an inflammatory disorder such as arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, or inflammatory bowel disease.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of bacterial infection like fever, chills, rapid heart rate
- It is ordered on a regolar basis to monitor autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of C-Reactive Protein Qualitative mean?
- High CRP level suggests the presence of inflammation but does not identify the cause
- In people with chronic inflammatory conditions, high level of CRP suggests a flare up or that treatment has not been effective
- If CRP level was initially high and it starts dropping, it means the infection or inflammation is subsiding or responding to treatment
Patient Concerns about C-Reactive Protein Qualitative
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between CRP and highly sensitive CRP (hsCRP)?
Both tests measure the same protein in the blood. The hsCRP is used in healthy people to determine their risk for cardiovascular disease.
MDRC is the pioneer in the field of imaging and pathology in the city. At a time when the healthcare of Gurgaon was in its infancy, MDRC started its operations from the New Railway Road in the year 1985. The journey which started with an X-Ray machine has reached a stage where MDRC today is in top league in terms of the range and quality of diagnostic facilities with more then 2500 tests done in house. There are two independent fully equipped centres located across the highway at New Railway Road in main city and one in Sector - 44 near HUDA city centre. Both the centres are spacious and have complete range of diagnostic facilities in fields of radiology, cardiology, pathology and general health. The experience and patient loyalty gained over the last 30 years has made us the number one diagnostic facility in the state of Haryana and NCR. It is because of our dedicated Doctors and high end equipments which help us solve the diagnostic dilemma in complicated cases that we get patients from all over Haryana and the NCR region as well as international patients. Our doctors bring with them highest level of knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The paramedical staff is highly qualified, well trained and motivated to deliver the best experience to our patients. The other support staff is caring and passionate about their work in order to achieve complete patient satisfaction. Modern diagnostics has expanded its facilities by running the diagnostic services at many other hospitals in the city. The footprint is expanding and now we have crossed national boundaries and have facility in Nepal and will soon extended our facility in more countries.