HRCT temporal bone axial scan is a high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) imaging test which helps to visualise specially the soft tissues and bones of the temporal region of the brain (middle ear). The temporal bone forms the lateral or side part of the skull which comprises of mainly middle and inner ear crossed by bunches of brain or nerves of the brain.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose chronic and acute swelling, malformation, tumor formation in the middle ear
- To detect cholesteatoma (tumor or abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To find out meningoencephalocele or meningocele (congenital or birth defect condition where spinal cord of the baby fails to develop)
- To evaluate inner ear swelling which connects ear to the brain resulting in vertigo
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Mahajan Imaging Centre (DC)
Defence Colony, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.